cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade pgadmin4 to v3.3

SOLVED
Level 2 Adventurer

Upgrade pgadmin4 to v3.3

Is it possible to upgrade pgadmin4 to v3.3 if the suite of software (PostgreSQL, pgadmin, PostGIS, etc) was installed using the EDB installer?  I'm running on an Ubuntu 18.04 system and would love to use the new version of pgadmin to take advantage of the geometry viewer that has been added to the new version. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 2 Adventurer

Re: Upgrade pgadmin4 to v3.3

@kapilI got things sorted out and ended up using the uninstaller that gets created in /opt/PostgreSQL/10/installer to uninstall pgadmin4 and leave everything else in place.  I used the APT repo to get v3.3 of pgAdmin.  Using `pip3 uninstall pgadmin4` didn't work for me, got an error saying it wasn't installed.  There was no option to upgrade versions of pgadmin4 after installing Stackbuilder Plus from the Enterprise Edition.  Thanks again to you and @chaitalirs for all of your fantastic help and suggestions!      

7 REPLIES
EDB Team Member

Hi bazini627,

You can try upgrading it with Stackbuilder Plus. Launch the stack builder and try the options mentioned in the screenshots by selecting the cluster details on which you want to upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Level 2 Adventurer

Thanks!  I'll give that a shot when I get home.

Level 2 Adventurer

There's no option for pgAdmin under Add-ons, Tools and Utilities for me.  Only seeing options for pgAgent and a couple other things.  Suppose I could install it from the Postgres apt repo but then I'll have duplicate pgAdmin instances.  I didn't see a way to just uninstall the pgAdmin version that was installed with the EDB installer.  

Level 2 Adventurer

@chaitalirs  Below were the options I had. 

stackBuilder.png

Highlighted
EDB Team Member

Hi Bazini627,

The reason you are not able to see option to downlaod pgAdmin under Add-ons, Tools and Utilities because your currently using StackBuilder which comes with EDB Postgres Standard, EDB doesn't provide download option for pgAdmin through StackBuilder which comes with EDB Postgres Standard. 

To downlaod the pgAdmin through StackBuilder under Add-ons, Tools and Utilities, First you need to install "SatckBuilder Plus" which comes with "EDB Postgres Enterprise" edition.

If you see Chaitali's screenshot with name "Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 3.06.35 PM.png" she is using "StackBuilder Plus" to downlaod the pgAdmin through "StackBuilder Plus" under Add-ons, Tools and Utilities.

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 3.06.35 PM.png

To uninstall pgAdmin you can use below command to uninstall pgAdmin this command works for ubuntu.

pip3 uninstall pgadmin4  

Level 2 Adventurer

@kapilI got things sorted out and ended up using the uninstaller that gets created in /opt/PostgreSQL/10/installer to uninstall pgadmin4 and leave everything else in place.  I used the APT repo to get v3.3 of pgAdmin.  Using `pip3 uninstall pgadmin4` didn't work for me, got an error saying it wasn't installed.  There was no option to upgrade versions of pgadmin4 after installing Stackbuilder Plus from the Enterprise Edition.  Thanks again to you and @chaitalirs for all of your fantastic help and suggestions!      

EDB Team Member

Hi Bazini,

Thank you for the update.

Glad to hear that issue has been resolved.