cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am only interested in PostgreSQL certification. How do I do that?

Community Manager

I am only interested in PostgreSQL certification. How do I do that?

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
EDB Team Member

Re: I am only interested in PostgreSQL certification. How do I do that?

Sign up for EDB's "Foundations of Postgres Administration"  course.  It also includes one complimentary attempt at the PostgreSQL Associate Certification exam.  Go to:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/training/training-and-certification  and click the "Search Training" text link.

Adventurer

Hi EDB,

I am struggling in finding the exact Postgresql training. You mention the training "Foundations of Postgres Administration" is the correct one, but when one subscribe to the "Free Postgres Training eSubscription" bundle, all options are EDB Postgres Advanced Server Essentials v[9-11] which is not the Postgres solely that I want to take as it is a blend of pure Postgres and EDB Advanced Server, which confuses us as certain times the instructor talks about vanilla Postgres and suddenly starts talking about EBD's.

Could you kindly pinpoint which exactly course is meant to give us ground for the vanilla/community Postgres v10 or v11, please?

BR.,

Lauro Ojeda

Highlighted
EDB Team Member

You are correct that the free courses are for EDB Postgres Advanced Server.  You can find PostgreSQL only Certification details and pre-requisite courses here: http://inter.viewcentral.com/events/cust/search_results.aspx?keyword=&cat1_id=8&event_type_id=332&po...

The details for the pre-requisite course Advanced PostgreSQL Administration  are located here: http://inter.viewcentral.com/events/cust/search_results.aspx?keyword=&event_id=105&postingForm=defau...

Adventurer

OK, so when I click the link provided I am directed to a page showing the different available exams. At the Associate level ones I see the link "Recommended Prerequisites: Course: Foundations of Postgres Administration" which leads to a broken link.

Question is: can you provide me with the link with either the material for studying or for the free online training advertised by EDB for the Postgres v10 or v11 Associate exam?

BR,

Ojeda

Adventurer

Hi EDB,

Sorry for keep bugging you about it, but could someone please give a clear answer about the free preparation training for the Postgres v10 or v11 Associate exam?

Again, the link http://inter.viewcentral.com/reg/enterprisedb/FoundationsOfPostgresAdministrationTraining is broken so I can't go any further with my studies for the certification.

Regards,

Ojeda

EDB Team Member

Hi  ojeda,

We request you drop an email to trainingcoordinator@enterprisedb.com with your queries. Training Coordinator team will help you in all the aspects.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dhananjay
Adventurer

Hi Ojeda,

Our recommendation to prepare for the PostgreSQL Associate Certification would be to take the Foundations of Postrgres Administration course, v11 as the Associate certification exam aligns with this course.  Course details can be found at Foundations of Postgres Administration v11.

We offer this course as an on-demand course and with purchase of this course you are eligible for one attempt at the PostgreSQL Associate Certification.

We are currently offering a 20%  off promotion for this on-demand course.

I hope this answers your query.  If you have any other training related questions please reach out to trainingcoordinator@enterprisedb.com.

Regards,

Mary

Adventurer

Thanks for reply, Mary.

Although I wouldn't question the returned value of the acquired knowledge in the training, I feel a whopping $1200,00 for an online course quite off of the "online training world" which you can find decent trainings for a tenner or so or even free. If you charge something more realistic like $100,00 for the online training, you'd be democratizing the knowledge, bringing much more people interested on it and certainly would generate more revenue from the courses and certifications, along with bringing more professionals and companies to the Postgresql world. That's my personal view.

I was also hooked by EDB's ad stating FREE Postgres training preparing for certification, which is what I am willing to do but not what I am finding.

Provided I am unable to pay that amount but still interested in taking the exam, would you please pinpoint a syllabus with the content we need to study on the official documentation (or somewhere else) to get prepared for your exam? Something like AWS's white papers detailing what's expected to know and perhaps some example questions of the test so we could get an idea of what to expect on the exam would also be very useful.

Please don't get me wrong with my comments above related to price, but it is just my personal perception of it from a person who is trying to influence others to shift from Oracle to Postgresql and which believes everyone would benefit from a less pricey strategy.

Kind regards,

Lauro Ojeda

Community Manager

Hi Lauro,

An EDB Training Team member will be reaching out to you directly to assist you further. 

Thank you for your patience.

Lori