cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit codes

SOLVED
Level 2 Adventurer

Exit codes

Was exploring Ark on aws EC2, I get different exit codes n they are many to capture while launching the cluster. Cannot give much details as the setup is not done by me. let me know what exactly you need apart from the exit codes which I cannot now as that ark setup is trashed.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EDB Team Member

Re: Exit codes

Hi kshar,

While launcing EDB-Ark you will receive error i.e exit codes one at a time, which means the initializtion will exit after that.

The exact error which you are facing can be figured out by verifying the logs. 

Some common error which usually occur are :

1. While setting up Server engine details we give wrong ami-id of the OS to be used. Every OS has different ami-d for different region.

2. Configuring wrong database engine details. We specify the yum package names of the required package name.

• If you are configuring EPAS then you need to give your yum credentials. If the yum credentials are wrong you get EXIT 10 error.
  • If the yum package name is wrong then you get EXIT 11 error.
  • You can use the template database engines present with different combinations, just edit engiene details and uncheck the disable check_box. 

3. If you already have reached the VPC limits in your AWS accounts and you select NEW VPC option while launching the cluster it will exit with ERROR. Select already present or increase the VPC limit in your AWS account.

4. If you have wrong role policies then the cluster launch will exit with error. Verify the policies. from the EDB-ARK document which is available on the website.

You can check on these points , if still you recieve some error please share the log file or atleast share the error exit code.

3 REPLIES
EDB Team Member

Hi kshar,

While launcing EDB-Ark you will receive error i.e exit codes one at a time, which means the initializtion will exit after that.

The exact error which you are facing can be figured out by verifying the logs. 

Some common error which usually occur are :

1. While setting up Server engine details we give wrong ami-id of the OS to be used. Every OS has different ami-d for different region.

2. Configuring wrong database engine details. We specify the yum package names of the required package name.

• If you are configuring EPAS then you need to give your yum credentials. If the yum credentials are wrong you get EXIT 10 error.
  • If the yum package name is wrong then you get EXIT 11 error.
  • You can use the template database engines present with different combinations, just edit engiene details and uncheck the disable check_box. 

3. If you already have reached the VPC limits in your AWS accounts and you select NEW VPC option while launching the cluster it will exit with ERROR. Select already present or increase the VPC limit in your AWS account.

4. If you have wrong role policies then the cluster launch will exit with error. Verify the policies. from the EDB-ARK document which is available on the website.

You can check on these points , if still you recieve some error please share the log file or atleast share the error exit code.

Level 2 Adventurer

Thanks for this details. It was more than what I expected. VPC error I had received amd figured out. Will post in case I get any other errors with logs.
EDB Team Member

@kshar wrote:
Thanks for this details. It was more than what I expected. VPC error I had received amd figured out. Will post in case I get any other errors with logs.

Hi kshar,

It is nice to hear that issues have been fixed. 

Kindly let us know in case of any concerns.