cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database on AWS

Level 2 Adventurer

Database on AWS

What is the best and efficient way to manage all the server and databases deployed on it in an AWS environment,?
9 REPLIES
EDB Team Member

Re: Database on AWS

Hi kshar,

Best and efficient way to manage all your database server on AWS cloud is EDB Ark.

Here are the few insights of it:

EDB Postgres Ark simplifies the process of provisioning robust Postgres deployments, while taking advantage of the benefits of cloud computing. When used with Advanced Server, EDB Postgres Ark also provides a platform with compatibility with the Oracle database, offering dramatic cost savings and competitive advantages.

The EDB Postgres Ark Management Server allows for the quick and easy creation of Postgres clusters - each cluster being immediately set up with high availability, automatic backup and recovery, load balancing and basic monitoring and management.  Optionally, every cluster can be encrypted to provide an environment that is both secure and transparent to connecting applications.

DBAs can work with EDB Postgres Ark through the GUI or a JSON Compatible API.

Applications connect to the Postgres clusters through pgPool, or if preferred, can also connect to the members of the cluster directly. DBAs have full access to the databases via SSH.

More details about EDB Ark kindly refer below link:

EDB Postgres Ark DBaaS

Hope this help.

Level 2 Adventurer

Hi Dhan,

You did not understand my question. This is not what I am looking for.

Managing servers I meant upgrading and patching multiple servers efficiently.

Also the solution you posted is only for database I have asked for both. Additional document would be a great help.
Just looking for AWS expertee advise on generic terms.
Level 2 Adventurer

Thank you Dhananjay for response. We are currently exploring EDB Ark on AWS.
Samuel is right some options for upgrading and patching efficiently.
EDB Team Member

Hi kshar,

It is good to hear that you are exploring EDB Ark on AWS. This is DBaaS(Database as a service) in which as a DBA we no need to worry about OS. Ark will take care of it.

Hope this helps. And we are happy to hear the progress on it.

Level 2 Adventurer

Thank you dhananjay. We will try raising ticket to AWS and figure out. will post it here in case we get anything.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Samuel and kShar,

EDB Ark does provide feature to upgrade the OS and database minor versions at this point of time. Along with additional features like HA across multiple AZ's, Automatic backup and PITR capabilities.

If you have more queries on EDB ark , I would recommend if you could send an email to support@enterprisedb.com and we will make sure someone will help you with all the questions.

Warm regards,

Aj

Level 2 Adventurer

Expertee and quick reaponse I am getting from here. It was just an general question for managing loads of servers and databases, is there any recommended tool method we can get.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kshar, just to that I can have clear understanding on your question:

1. Are you looking for a tool which can manage spin database cluster, take automatic backup , do PITR , has high viability feature across AZ's? - Then EDB ark is the product.

2. Are you looking for monitoring your database(In terms of Long running queries,bloating,max connections) and clusters? - If yes, you would like to explore EDB's monitoring Postgres Enterprise Manager(PEM).

Warm regards,

-Ajay Patel

Highlighted

Hi @kshar Please feel free to reach us for any queries you may have. We will be happy to help you further.

Warm regards,

-Ajay