cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xDB Replication Server 6.2.5 - Lost entire subscription after failed attempt to add new table

Adventurer

xDB Replication Server 6.2.5 - Lost entire subscription after failed attempt to add new table

First time poster using xDB Replication Server 6.2.5 GUI tool to setup master slave replication from EDB PostGRE to MS SQL Server.  I attempted to add a new table to my existing publication and received a generalized error message in pop up dialog:
Error Text:

Publication cannot be updated.

Unable to perform snapshot for subscription SUB_REPL_ACHBANK.

Reason:

One or more tables could not be replicated. Read output log for more details.

I have searched my machine for any "output log" and can not locate any logs files with current date.  Can anyone tell me we I would look on windows install?

Additionally, while making multiple attempts to add table to subscription SUB_REPL_ACHBANK the GUI application crashed.  After restarting the xDB GUI application, I no longer see the subscription SUB_REPL_ACHBANK as its now missing.  If I try to add a new subscription, the tables beloging to subscription SUB_REPL_ACHBANK are missing from drop down list.  Any ideas how I can restore the missing subscription or re-initialize environment to start over?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
EDB Team Member

Re: xDB Replication Server 6.2.5 - Lost entire subscription after failed attempt to add new table

Hi mitchelcarlsen,

Thank you for raising the concern with us.

Please share the logs so we can analyze the issue further. 

Log Location: POSTGRES_HOME\.enterprisedb\xdb\x.x\mtk.log

Note: POSTGRES_HOME is the home directory of the "Postgres" operating system account OR "enterprisedb" for EDB Advanced Server Installation.

Adventurer

Re: xDB Replication Server 6.2.5 - Lost entire subscription after failed attempt to add new table

I was able to resolve my issue by stopping the "Publication Service" and "postgresql-x64-11" services, and then restarting them.  I then restarted the xDB Gui application and the missing subcritpion was displayed with all its details.

Adventurer

btw - I was finally able to locate the xDB logs on my machine at:
C:\Users\{lanid}.{machinename}\.enterprisedb\xdb\6.2