Radius Authentication Failure in PostgreSQL 10
When I am trying to authenticate the Postgresql with Radius server...I am getting the follwoing message at the command line
root@ykan-vm01:~# psql -h 172.29.226.240 -U Tom Password for user Tom:
psql: FATAL: RADIUS authentication failed for user "Tom" root@ykan-vm01:~#
Where as in the Postgresql Logs it is showing me the below error message
2019-10-28 18:04:19.876 UTC  Tom@Tom LOG: 00000: timeout waiting for RADIUS response from 10.32.0.18
2019-10-28 18:04:16.888 UTC  Tom@Tom LOCATION: PerformRadiusTransaction, auth.c:3136
2019-10-28 18:04:16.888 UTC  Tom@Tom LOG: 00000: RADIUS response from 10.32.0.18 has incorrect MD5 signature 2019-10-28 17:12:07.959 UTC  Tom@Tom LOCATION: auth_failed, auth.c:328
2019-10-28 17:12:07.959 UTC  Tom@Tom DETAIL: Connection matched pg_hba.conf line 100: "host all all 0.0.0.0/0 radius radiusservers=10.32.0.18 radiussecrets=XXXX radiusports=1812"
2019-10-28 17:12:07.959 UTC  Tom@Tom FATAL: 28000: RADIUS authentication failed for user "Tom"
Radtest from the postgresql to the Radius server is showing as its connected and authenticated ..
root@ykan-vm02:~# radtest Tom Test123# 10.32.0.18 1812 Test123#
Sent Access-Request Id 250 from 0.0.0.0:40181 to 10.32.0.18:1812 length 73
User-Name = "Tom"
User-Password = "XXXX"
NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.1.1
NAS-Port = 1812
Message-Authenticator = 0x00
Cleartext-Password = "XXXX"
Received Access-Accept Id 250 from 10.32.0.18:1812 to 0.0.0.0:0 length 78
Framed-Protocol = PPP
Service-Type = Framed-User
Class = 0x39f404da00000137000102000a20001200000000000000000000000001d57f5d518b565e00000000000259c5.
Please can any one guide me is there anything else I need to confgiure at the postgresql level to make radius authentication to work.
Effective March 31st, we will no longer engage on PostgresRocks.
How to engage with us further?
- Thought Leadership: EDB Blogs
- Tips and Tricks: Postgres Tutorials
- Customer Support: Create a Case Please note: Only customers with an active EDB support subscription and support portal authorization can create support ticket
- Engage on Stackoverflow While engaging on Stackoverflow tag the question with EDB or EnterpriseDB.
Re: Radius Authentication Failure in PostgreSQL 10
1) Could you please share the value for the Postgresql parameter listen_addressess.
2) Please try to login with another user and check for the error.
3) Reset the password for the Tom user and then try to login.
From the shared Postgresql logs,
There is a timeout error from the RADIUS server. Please check the connectivity between the DB server and the RADIUS server.