Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pgpool pool_nodes output

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 2 Adventurer

Pgpool pool_nodes output

While executing show pool_nodes the output shows both the servers as standby whereas one is primary and one is standby. What is that I am missing? 1 of my function uses this and failing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EDB Team Member

Re: Pgpool pool_nodes output

Hi  esamuel,

Verify sr_check_user and sr_check_password are set correctly. Here you can assign a username and password which will have replication user permissions.

If these two parameters are not set properly then pool_nodes shows both as standby. This is because pgpool executes some query to find out which one is in recovery and which one is not. To execute these query pgool uses this username and password.

Also, whenever you start the pgpool service include -D option, this clears the earlier status of pool_nodes if they were failed and shows current status.

5 REPLIES
EDB Team Member

Hi esamuel,

It will be helpful to analyze the issue if you please share the Pgpool configuration file and show pool_nodes output.

Awaiting reply.

Level 2 Adventurer

can you tell me where is the location of conf file ?
EDB Team Member

Hi esamuel,

Pgpool.conf configuration file is located at /usr/local/etc with default installation from source code. (probably you need root privilege for this).

Hope this helps.

EDB Team Member

Hi  esamuel,

Verify sr_check_user and sr_check_password are set correctly. Here you can assign a username and password which will have replication user permissions.

If these two parameters are not set properly then pool_nodes shows both as standby. This is because pgpool executes some query to find out which one is in recovery and which one is not. To execute these query pgool uses this username and password.

Also, whenever you start the pgpool service include -D option, this clears the earlier status of pool_nodes if they were failed and shows current status.

Level 2 Adventurer

Thank you. Let me try that.