cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pem query results to csv

SOLVED
Level 3 Adventurer

Pem query results to csv

is it possible to download query results to a remote server with pem,  CAn you download the query results from a postgres server registered in pem to your pem server c drive for example.

matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EDB Team Member

Re: Pem query results to csv

Hi @MattGorham,

PEM database server is restarted during PEM server upgrade, and that would require a downtime. Below are the high-level steps:

1) Upgrade the remote PEM agents first

2) Upgrade PEM server (using pem-server installer, Database option)

3) Upgrade Apache ( using pem-server installer, Web services option)

We also recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of PEM server which 7.5 as it has more new and exciting features.

Please refer below documentation for the details

https://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/7.5/PEM_Upgrade_Migration_v7.5/toc.html

Please let us know in case of any issues/queries.

Regards,
Sudhir

14 REPLIES
EDB Team Member

Hi Matt,

You can download the query results in CSV file of the servers registered from the PEM dashboard.

Below are the steps :

1) Connect to the database server you want to execute query on the PEM dashboard.

2) select database under that server

3) Click on Menu Tools -> Query Tool

4) Type the query you want to execute and click thunderbolt icon (Execute/Refersh/) button, it will display the output on the ‘Data Output’ section below it.

5) Then click on the download button (Download as cvs F8)

The query result will get downloaded on the server where you have opened the PEM dashboard in the browser.

Please refer the attached screenshot for it and let us know in case of any issues/queries.

Regards,

Sudhir 

Level 3 Adventurer

There were the steps i have been doing however when i click the download button,  nothing happens. 

EDB Team Member

Hi Matt,

We are looking into this.

Meanwhile can you please share the httpd logs for PEM.

--

Regards 

Ajinkya Bangale

Level 3 Adventurer

which logs would you like

Highlighted
EDB Team Member

Hi @MattGorham,

Could you please verify that your browser is not blocking the download pop-ups.

Also, could you please update us on the below points :

1) PEM server version 

2) screenshot of the steps followed by you.

Regards,

Sudhir

Level 3 Adventurer

Pem version is 7,

the download is not being blocked.  If i run a query and it out puts an error,  it will allow me to download the csv.  

say for example,  select * frm table, see below.  But if i run a query that returns results it doesnt do  anything when i click the csv button

Capture.JPG

Level 3 Adventurer

i checked the error log when and found this when i generated the error for the screen shot in my previous post.  I did not get an entry when i attempted to download csv with a query that had results.

]
[Thu Nov 29 13:02:26.925940 2018] [wsgi:error] [pid 76262:tid 139983490201344] 2018-11-29 13:02:26,925: ERROR\tpgadmin:\tfailed to execute query ((with server cursor) for the server #2$
[Thu Nov 29 13:02:26.925961 2018] [wsgi:error] [pid 76262:tid 139983490201344] error message:ERROR: syntax error at or near "frm"
[Thu Nov 29 13:02:26.925964 2018] [wsgi:error] [pid 76262:tid 139983490201344] LINE 1: ...SOR:CONN:8112481" CURSOR WITHOUT HOLD FOR select * frm table

EDB Team Member

Hi MattGorham,

We have attached screenshots to download result in CSV format. Please go throgh it. If query results in successful output then result set can get download or if produces error, that is also downloadable.

Kindly refer attachement. 

Level 3 Adventurer

i have tried this,  it will not allow me to save my query results,  only if i get an error.