Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pem file creations

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 2 Adventurer

Pem file creations

Hi,

What are the files PEM creates in /tmp folder while installing it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EDB Team Member

Re: Pem file creations

Hi chandang,

You can install PEM server/agents on t2.micro as well, but of there is any other application consuming memory then the installation might fail, as the installer also needs some memory to execute. The graphical installation mode will  require the highest memory as compared to other modes of installation.

You can try the steps which I suggested earlier or you can try upgrading your instance type to t2.large which has 1vCPU and 2GB of RAM.  But upgrading you instance type will be subject to increase in cost, as t2.micro is in free tier whereas t2.large is chargeable.

Hope this helps. Let us know in case you have issues/further.

6 REPLIES

The installer needs extract the files before actually installing the files, hence it extracts all the required files in the tmp folder. These may include the apache installer, database installer and couple of scripts. 

Is there something specific which you are looking for or do you just need to list?

It would be easy to just run the installer in text mode and you will be able to see the list of files being extracted.

Level 2 Adventurer

I am getting this error while installing Pem server :

Unable to create symbolic link /tmp/.pem-server-35784e0582/lib/./libpq.so.5 -> libpq.so.5.10
Abort, Retry, Ignore ? [A/r/i]

Also, some error cannot create in /tmp folder. any idea how we can fox this?
EDB Team Member

Hi  chandang,

Your system configuration, specially RAM settings are too low or over utilized while you are trying to install the PEM server.

Check the memory utilization when you are trying to install PEM server. 

If the above mentioned issue is the cause of failure then you can :

i. Stop application and then try the PEM server installation.

ii. Try installing PEM server in the non-peak hours of the application usage.

iii. If none of the above conditions is possible then increase RAM configurations.

Let us know in case you have any other info which can help us to investigate the issue further.

Level 2 Adventurer

I have t2.micro instance of AWS on which I am trying to install this. What is the minimum server requirement for PEM?
EDB Team Member

Hi chandang,

You can install PEM server/agents on t2.micro as well, but of there is any other application consuming memory then the installation might fail, as the installer also needs some memory to execute. The graphical installation mode will  require the highest memory as compared to other modes of installation.

You can try the steps which I suggested earlier or you can try upgrading your instance type to t2.large which has 1vCPU and 2GB of RAM.  But upgrading you instance type will be subject to increase in cost, as t2.micro is in free tier whereas t2.large is chargeable.

Hope this helps. Let us know in case you have issues/further.

Level 2 Adventurer

This worked for me. Thank you Amit and chaitalirs for helping me.