cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Bart Restores

SOLVED
Level 3 Adventurer

Multiple Bart Restores

Curious how timelines would handle restoring a system to the same time,  multiple times.

Is this possible,  if you restore to tuesday 10:30am  on server01 and then on wednesday,  you restore to the same system server01 again with that same time of tuesday 10:30am,

how would the timeline files handle this,  

I am asking as i have attempted this and my wals files are not replaying to the time i have specified.

matt

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EDB Team Member

Re: Multiple Bart Restores

Hi Matt,

Could you please elaborate your requiremnt in more detail, what eactly your trying to achive.

If I understand correctly your trying to restore a backup of tuesday 10:30 AM on server01 and next day wednesday on same server01 you are trying to restore backup of tuesday 10:30 AM. It is not possible because your server01 is already ahead.

On wednesday on server01, If you delete the restored cluster of tuesday 10:30 AM which you performed on tuesday on server01 and then you can restore the same backup of tuesday 10:30 AM on server01.

1 REPLY
EDB Team Member

Re: Multiple Bart Restores

Hi Matt,

Could you please elaborate your requiremnt in more detail, what eactly your trying to achive.

If I understand correctly your trying to restore a backup of tuesday 10:30 AM on server01 and next day wednesday on same server01 you are trying to restore backup of tuesday 10:30 AM. It is not possible because your server01 is already ahead.

On wednesday on server01, If you delete the restored cluster of tuesday 10:30 AM which you performed on tuesday on server01 and then you can restore the same backup of tuesday 10:30 AM on server01.