Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BART Error code 127

SOLVED
Level 2 Adventurer

BART Error code 127

Does anyone know what this means:

2018-01-19 09:14:20 EST  ERROR: command failed with exit code 127

The cause was from a $(bart manage -s ${server}), and ${server} is a valid entry in bart.cfg. 

I ran it with the "-d" to see what was happeneing and it happened just after it listed all of the walarchives, about 6600. My current therory is I maxed out the process list for the shell. So I'm manually compressing the walarchives. 

Just wondering if anyone knows. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 2 Adventurer

Re: BART Error code 127

Yep, that was the problem... too many archived wal files. Apparantly the sever had been configured for backups, but not actively backed up since last July. Changes were made, backups cronned and ... Error code 127. 

resolution:

1) compresed the archived wal files

2) ran bart mange -s ${server}

3) ran hot backups

4) ran bart manage -s ${server} -d  ### because I didn't really need thing that old. 

2 REPLIES
Level 2 Adventurer

Yep, that was the problem... too many archived wal files. Apparantly the sever had been configured for backups, but not actively backed up since last July. Changes were made, backups cronned and ... Error code 127. 

resolution:

1) compresed the archived wal files

2) ran bart mange -s ${server}

3) ran hot backups

4) ran bart manage -s ${server} -d  ### because I didn't really need thing that old. 

Highlighted
Explorer

Maddy,

Thank you for posting the solution. Exit code 127 is a very generic code, which has different solutions in different environments and requires more info to resolve.

I am happy that you have figured out the solution and shared in this thread.