6. You can see that I have “test.enterprisedb.com.crt” certificate and “test.enterprisedb.com.key” key file and “GandiStandardSSLCA2.pem” SSL cert chain file. I have made sure to setup the hostname and DNS to test.enterprisedb.com so that the flow could work correctly. To check the network connectivity you can use “ping” utility from another server to check if pinging the hostname resolves or not.
ping test.enterprisedb.com —— (This should be done from another server in the network)
7. After placing the certificate, key and chain file, you need to modify following lines from the file “/etc/httpd/conf.d/edb-ssl-pem.conf”:
# General setup for the virtual host
8. You also need to modify the “/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf” for below parameters:
9. Please start the httpd service using the below command:
10. If the httpd service starts successfully, then please verify by opening the web client. I used the following url to verify the certificates and it was not showing as “Not Secure” in the browser address bar. I have added the below screen shot as well:
NOTE: Please make sure that the test.enterprisedb.com or whatever is the hostname of the PEM server, the server from which you are opening the web client should resolve it at the network level otherwise the browser will not be able to open the web client.