Uninstall PostgreSql 9 on windows 64 bit
Please help, i cannot uninstall my postgreqsl 9.1 windows 64 bit. When i use the uninstaller it gives me the error occured:
Element can only contain alphanumeric or ‘_’ characters, but its current value is ‘FrenchxxCOMMAxxxxSPxxCoteXXSPxxd`Ivoire’
Effective March 31st, we will no longer engage on PostgresRocks.
How to engage with us further?
- Thought Leadership: EDB Blogs
- Tips and Tricks: Postgres Tutorials
- Customer Support: Create a Case Please note: Only customers with an active EDB support subscription and support portal authorization can create support ticket
- Engage on Stackoverflow While engaging on Stackoverflow tag the question with EDB or EnterpriseDB.
Re: Uninstall PostgreSql 9 on windows 64 bit
Please find the below steps to uninstall postgresql manually from the windows.
manual uninstall from Windows: You need to identify, stop
and delete the Postgres Service, then delete the postgres files, then
delete the postgres user. Below is the procedures for your reference.
1) open a CMD window with "Run as Administrator"
2) sc query postgresql-9.1
postgresql-x64-9.1, use this for step 3 and 4.
3) if the STATE was RUNNING, then do: sc stop postgresql-9.1
4) sc delete postgresql-9.1
5) using the file explorer, locate the postgres software directory,
probably "c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\" ... right click on this,
properties, security, ownership, take ownership, ok ok ok. then delete
this folder and everything in it.
6) using the file explorer, locate the postgres data directory. I've
always manually put mine on "D:\postgresql\x.y\data", do the same as
above, take ownership and delete it.
7) net user postgres /delete
if you can't find/guess the service name for step 2, then go into
control panel -> administrative tools -> services, find the postgresql
service, double click on it, and note the 'Service name" (top field
shown), go ahead and STOP the service there if its running, then use
this service name for the sc delete.
Hope this helps you.