cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation file for PostgreSQL 12.1 stops runnings after a few seconds on Windows 10 Famille

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adventurer

Installation file for PostgreSQL 12.1 stops runnings after a few seconds on Windows 10 Famille

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 Famille and I can’t install PosgreSQL after downloading the file « postgresql-12.1-1-windows-x64.exe ».

When I launch the installer, it stops running after a few seconds, when the image « EDB POSTGRES » disappears.

My account is an Administrator. I also tried to install with using the hidden Administrator account on Windows 10. And I completely uninstalled Avast and turned off firewalls. No change.

See the LOG below :

Log started 11/24/2019 at 18:05:58

Preferred installation mode : qt

Trying to init installer in mode qt

Mode qt successfully initialized

Executing icacls "C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Local\Temp/postgresql_installer_a9003a6f48" /inheritance:r

Script exit code: 0

Script output:

fichier trait‚ÿ: C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Local\Temp/postgresql_installer_a9003a6f48

1 fichiers correctement trait‚sÿ; ‚chec du traitement de 0 fichiers

Script stderr:

Executing icacls "C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Local\Temp/postgresql_installer_a9003a6f48" /T /Q /grant "ORDI-DE-MAHOU\Administrateur:(OI)(CI)F"

Script exit code: 0

Script output:

1 fichiers correctement trait‚sÿ; ‚chec du traitement de 0 fichiers

Script stderr:

Thanks for your helps !

Nicolas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EDB Team Member

Re: Installation file for PostgreSQL 12.1 stops runnings after a few seconds on Windows 10 Famille

Hi,

Could you please check the below things :

- The permissions are set correctly on the data directory.

- Create the DB cluster manually using the initdb utility

Also, could you please share the complete installation logs with us for the analysis.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
EDB Team Member

Re: Installation file for PostgreSQL 12.1 stops runnings after a few seconds on Windows 10 Famille

Hi,

Could you please check the below things :

- The permissions are set correctly on the data directory.

- Create the DB cluster manually using the initdb utility

Also, could you please share the complete installation logs with us for the analysis.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Adventurer

Thanks, It finally worked after uninstalling a second anti-virus McAfee that I thought it was not active...