Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xDB Replication Server Re-installation Issue

SOLVED
ss
Adventurer

xDB Replication Server Re-installation Issue

I had an existing xDB Replication Server v6.2 installed through Stack Builder configured with postgres 9.4, but I had accidentally deleted the installation directory. Now I need to reinstall but there is an existing entry in the Windows Control Panel and it cannot uninstall since the uninstaller is not available. 

If I reinstall using StackBuilder it does not create the uninstaller at the specific location. How can I resolve this? I also tried reinstalling postgresql but can't seem to fix the issue.

I also wanted to ask if postgresql plus application server is required for configuring xDB replication server or will standard postgresql installation do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
EDB Team Member

Re: xDB Replication Server Re-installation Issue

Hi SS,

On Windows environment, the postgres-reg.ini file is not created, but entery for XDB is registered in below location. However to find the registry details, you could find them from regedit.

1) Open Run

2) Type regedit 

3) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE 

4)Go to SOFTWARE 

5) Go to Wow6432Node

6) Go to EnterpriseDB

7) Right click on xDB Replication Server and click on delete.

Once the above steps are done. You can install xDB again.

You can use configuring xDB replication with standard postgresql installation as well.

Hope this helps you.

1 REPLY
Highlighted
EDB Team Member

Re: xDB Replication Server Re-installation Issue

Hi SS,

On Windows environment, the postgres-reg.ini file is not created, but entery for XDB is registered in below location. However to find the registry details, you could find them from regedit.

1) Open Run

2) Type regedit 

3) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE 

4)Go to SOFTWARE 

5) Go to Wow6432Node

6) Go to EnterpriseDB

7) Right click on xDB Replication Server and click on delete.

Once the above steps are done. You can install xDB again.

You can use configuring xDB replication with standard postgresql installation as well.

Hope this helps you.