cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postgres windows install and locale FrenchxxCOMMAxxxxSPxxSwitzerland

Journeyer

Postgres windows install and locale FrenchxxCOMMAxxxxSPxxSwitzerland

We're using setup by command line (Postgres setup is include in our application setup):

postgresql-10.4-32bits-windows.exe  --unattendedmodeui minimalWithDialogs --mode unattended --create_shortcuts 0 --install_runtimes 1 --prefix "C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\10" --datadir "c:\Data_Pg_10" --superpassword POSTGRESQL_PASSWORD --serverport POSTGRESQL_PORT --superaccount postgres  --locale "FrenchxxCOMMAxxxxSPxxSwitzerland"

We set --locale value to FrenchxxCOMMAxxxxSPxxSwitzerland

But after install, when I send "Show lc_collate" command, my result is

French_France.1252 

instead of French_Switzerland.1252.

If I take a look at locale in postgres install directory, I can see that locale FrenchxxCOMMAxxxxSPxxSwitzerland exist.

How can I do to specify on install (with command line) that lc_collate must be french_switzerland ?

Thanks for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
EDB Team Member

Re: Postgres windows install and locale FrenchxxCOMMAxxxxSPxxSwitzerland

Hi @Toine,

We have also tested the installation with graphical as well as unattended mode, it initializes the data directory with lc_collate as "French_France.1252".

We tried workaround by initializing the data directory using the initdb with locale "French_Switzerland.1252" and it is working fine.

Could you please try initializing the data directory after the installation of the postgres using initdb command like below:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\10\bin\initdb.exe" -D "c:\Data_Pg_10" -U postgres --locale French_Switzerland.1252

Once, the data directory is initialized start the database cluster and verify the lc_collate value.

Regards,

Sudhir