Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduling jobs

SOLVED
Level 3 Adventurer

scheduling jobs

I currently am running pem 7,

what do i need to install on my postgres servers and or the pem server to run schedules jobs on the servers i have registered with PEM. 

matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
EDB Team Member

Re: scheduling jobs

Hi MattGorham,

The Scheduled Tasks of PEM is accessible from PEM dashboard itself and not from any other tool. 

It is present under Management --> Scheduled Tasks.  Refer attached screenshot.

Once you land here,you will have to select the PEM agent/server after which you can view the scheduled tasks  for that particluar agent/server. If you Select "NO" to 'Show System Tasks' which is present in the right corner id Scheduled tasks pane , then you will see user-defined scheudled tasks.

For example, the Package deployment of PEM includes downloading or upgrading any of the packages. This you can schedule it for later, if you do so then this tasks will be visible in the scheduled tasks tab.

You can refer the PEM documention for more details.

Hope this helps. 

3 REPLIES
EDB Team Member

Hi Matt,

Thank you for opening this thread.

At present, PEM doesn't provide any functionality to schedule job or execute scheduled jobs on server. However, It's possible to review scheduled jobs using PEM.

Thanks & Regards,

Ninad Shah

Level 3 Adventurer

ok Thanks,

to get the scheduling functionality would i have to use pgadmin and the pgagent?

Matt

Highlighted
EDB Team Member

Hi MattGorham,

The Scheduled Tasks of PEM is accessible from PEM dashboard itself and not from any other tool. 

It is present under Management --> Scheduled Tasks.  Refer attached screenshot.

Once you land here,you will have to select the PEM agent/server after which you can view the scheduled tasks  for that particluar agent/server. If you Select "NO" to 'Show System Tasks' which is present in the right corner id Scheduled tasks pane , then you will see user-defined scheudled tasks.

For example, the Package deployment of PEM includes downloading or upgrading any of the packages. This you can schedule it for later, if you do so then this tasks will be visible in the scheduled tasks tab.

You can refer the PEM documention for more details.

Hope this helps.