Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about EFM & JGroups

SOLVED
Adventurer

about EFM & JGroups

Hi

I want to use  EFM to configure my system.

when I use EFM,What do I need to set up Jgroups?

Best Regards,

Mark

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: about EFM & JGroups

Hi Mark,

Jgroups would work fine with whatever addresses we give it.

EFM uses one email address per node for everything. The 'bind.address' on a node is used for jgroups and for contacting remote databases. When a standby gets reconfigured, the new host address used is the same one in 'bind.address.'

EFM doesn't currently support using one address for group communication and another one for databases.

6 REPLIES

Hi Mark,

Hope you are doing good !

A Failover Manager cluster consists of a Master agent, one or more Standby agents, and an optional Witness agent that reside on servers in a cloud or on a traditional network and communicate using the JGroups toolkit.

JGroups provides technology that allows Failover Manager to create clusters whose  member nodes can communicate with each other and detect node failures.

For the prerequisites you can check below link,
https://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/2.1.2/edbfm/EDB_Failover_Manager_Guide.1.07.html#

We will recommend you to go through the below videos and documentation link which can be helpful for you to configure EnterpriseDB's Failover Manager at your environment,

https://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/2.1.2/edbfm/toc.html
https://www.enterprisedb.com/blog/video-efm-20-installation-and-startup

Adventurer

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I confused with bind.address parameter. this parameter is using by JGroups.

JGroups using network segment must be same with EnterpriseDB server using network segment?

The bind.address parameter specifies the IP address and port number of the agent on the current node of the Failover Manager cluster.
# This property specifies the ip address and port that jgroups # will bind to on this node. The value is of the form # <ip>:<port>. # Note that the port specified here is used for communicating # with other nodes, and is not the same as the admin.port below, # used only to communicate with the local agent to send control # signals.
bind.address=

Best Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Jgroups would work fine with whatever addresses we give it.

EFM uses one email address per node for everything. The 'bind.address' on a node is used for jgroups and for contacting remote databases. When a standby gets reconfigured, the new host address used is the same one in 'bind.address.'

EFM doesn't currently support using one address for group communication and another one for databases.

Adventurer

Hi

Adventurer

But bind.address can be point to different nic than vip points.

Highlighted
EDB Team Member

@Ollie wrote:

But bind.address can be point to different nic than vip points.

You can point it to whatever you want, but the bind.address value will be used for agents to communicate with each other and will be used for connecting to the databases. The VIP can be on a different interface -- efm won't care.

Bobby