cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package ported from Oracle - ERROR: not executed, package body does not exist

Adventurer

Package ported from Oracle - ERROR: not executed, package body does not exist

Used MTK to migrate a schema from a Oracle database, but then noticed in the target EDB schema the stored package ported only contains the package spect but no package body.  Try to run it will result in:

"ERROR:  not executed, package body does not exist".  Did I miss anything when I ran runMTK.sh ?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Package ported from Oracle - ERROR: not executed, package body does not exist

@dkao wrote:

Used MTK to migrate a schema from a Oracle database, but then noticed in the target EDB schema the stored package ported only contains the package spect but no package body.  Try to run it will result in:

"ERROR:  not executed, package body does not exist".  Did I miss anything when I ran runMTK.sh ?

Hi dkao,

Thanks for your inquiry.  To start off, could you share more details about how you ran MTK?  What arguments did you pass in?

Cheers,

--Richard

Adventurer

Re: Package ported from Oracle - ERROR: not executed, package body does not exist

I found the problem, the packages and stored procedures I expected all failed the the following error when trying to load them into Postgres schema:

MTK-16006: Error Creating Procedures: PRC_ADD_ISO_METADATA_RECORD
DB-42601: ERROR: unterminated dollar-quoted string at or near "$$PLSQL_UNIT

--

I guess we use $$PLSQL_UNIT  in our current Oracle schma, and that's we should probably avoid before trying to bring them into EDB.  Any way we can map/substitute cretain string dynamically when we run MTK?

About Uber: ======== Uber is a taxi provider like Ola, TaxiForSure etc., which operates in the following Indian cities: - AHMEDABAD - BANGALORE - CHENNAI - HYDERABAD - JAIPUR - KOCHI - MUMBAI - NEW DELHI - PUNE To book a taxi service by Uber, all you need to do is follow simple steps through the ...

@dkao wrote:

I guess we use $$PLSQL_UNIT  in our current Oracle schma, and that's we should probably avoid before trying to bring them into EDB.  Any way we can map/substitute cretain string dynamically when we run MTK?

At the moment, there doesn't seem to be a way for us to support this, but you may wish to use the PG_CONTEXT variable:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-CALL-STACK

We do have a feature request open for supporting this syntax, and will likely be out in a near-future version of EDB Postgres Advanced Server