Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering of Execution

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adventurer

Ordering of Execution

Hi,

I converted entire schema from Oracle to EDB Postgres using EDB Migration toolkit. While inserting the scripts into database, for example, the package is called in the function or the function is called in the View,

1. How do I make sure the edb postgres execute or insert, for example the package first before the function etc so there is no reference issues?

2. Is there a way to turn off the errors, insert the packages, functions, procedures, etc in the database and then fix the errors?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EDB Team Member

Re: Ordering of Execution

Hi Angie,

Please find the below answers inline :

1. How do I make sure the edb postgres execute or insert, for example the package first before the function etc so there is no reference issues?

>> Could you please share package and function definition if possible? How were these orderings maintained in ORACLE before you migrated?

--Ankit

2. Is there a way to turn off the errors, insert the packages, functions, procedures, etc in the database and then fix the errors?

>> No, you need to fix the errors first if any of those are popping up while creating them.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
EDB Team Member

Re: Ordering of Execution

Hi Angie,

Please find the below answers inline :

>> Could you please share package and function definition if possible? How were these orderings maintained in ORACLE before you migrated?

--Ankit

>> No, you need to fix the errors first if any of those are popping up while creating them.

View solution in original post