Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating RAW Column Data from Oracle

SOLVED
Community Manager

Migrating RAW Column Data from Oracle

Hi All,

Sharing a new question I heard.....
"What is the fastest way to migrate RAW column data from Oracle to postgres or advanced Server?"

Looking for some advise please.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
EDB Team Member

Re: Migrating RAW Column Data from Oracle

The fastest way to migrate data (even CLOBs/BLOBs/RAW columns) from oracle to PPAS (advanced server) is to use dblink ora.

dblink_ora is bundled and installed as part of the Advanced Server database installation and one can configure and migrate data much faster.

For information about dblink_ora, please see the Database Compatibility for Oracle Developer's Guide, available at:

http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/products/documentation

However one can use -lobBatchSize <positive#> in order to execute the JDBC in batches, if the row size is of limited size (i.e. one batch can fit in the avaliable memory). Otherwise by default the batch migrates one row at a time incase table has LOBs/RAW column.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
EDB Team Member

The fastest way to migrate data (even CLOBs/BLOBs/RAW columns) from oracle to PPAS (advanced server) is to use dblink ora.

dblink_ora is bundled and installed as part of the Advanced Server database installation and one can configure and migrate data much faster.

For information about dblink_ora, please see the Database Compatibility for Oracle Developer's Guide, available at:

http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/products/documentation

However one can use -lobBatchSize <positive#> in order to execute the JDBC in batches, if the row size is of limited size (i.e. one batch can fit in the avaliable memory). Otherwise by default the batch migrates one row at a time incase table has LOBs/RAW column.

Community Manager

Thank you so much!

Great information!!