Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling probe on Master node

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 3 Adventurer

Enabling probe on Master node

Hi All,

I want to enable probe WAL Archive Status on PEM for Streaming replication analysis but the probe does not show up in "show system probes"

When I go to Master node --> Management --> Manage Probes, It shows the probe WAL Archive Status but it is disbaled.

Please let me know how do i enable this probe

Postgres Version - 9.6.2.7

PEM server and agent version - 7.3.0

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
EDB Team Member

Re: Enabling probe on Master node

Hi Nikhil,

The reason you are not able to see any charts for Wal Segment Lag and Wal Page Lage dasboard under the Streaming Replication Analysis board is because the Alert template with name "Standby server lag behind the master by WAL pages" and "Standby server lag behind the master by WAL segments" is not configured you need to enable this alert template to see those information on the dashboard.

1) Select the required node/server then go to Management then select the Manage Alerts.

2) Under manage alerts click on the + symbol located at the right side above the History Retention.

3) Under General ---> Name: Give any name that you perfer for the Alert.

4) Template: Select the template name called  "Standby server lag behind the master by WAL pages".

5) Provide the threshold values for the template to generate the data which will be dislpayed under the Streaming Replication Analysis dashboard.

6) Once threshold values is provided save the alert template 

Repeat the above steps for Alert teamplate "Standby server lag behind the master by WAL segments".

Hope this helps you.

Level 3 Adventurer

Perfect!

5 REPLIES
EDB Team Member

Hi Nikhil,

Select the required node/server then go to Management then select the Manage Probes where you will find WAL Archive Status probe u need click on default "Yes" button to "No" and it will enable the WAL Archive Status probe for that particular node/server.

Hope this helps you.

Level 3 Adventurer

Hi @kapil,

Thanks !

I did as you mentioned and i can see a chart for Wal Archive Status on Streaming Replication Analysis dashboard. On the same dashboard, for chart Wal Segment Lag and Wal Page Lage, I can see information as "A required probe is disabled or no data is available" and there are no charts. 

Do you happen to know why is it that?

EDB Team Member

Hi Nikhil,

The reason you are not able to see any charts for Wal Segment Lag and Wal Page Lage dasboard under the Streaming Replication Analysis board is because the Alert template with name "Standby server lag behind the master by WAL pages" and "Standby server lag behind the master by WAL segments" is not configured you need to enable this alert template to see those information on the dashboard.

1) Select the required node/server then go to Management then select the Manage Alerts.

2) Under manage alerts click on the + symbol located at the right side above the History Retention.

3) Under General ---> Name: Give any name that you perfer for the Alert.

4) Template: Select the template name called  "Standby server lag behind the master by WAL pages".

5) Provide the threshold values for the template to generate the data which will be dislpayed under the Streaming Replication Analysis dashboard.

6) Once threshold values is provided save the alert template 

Repeat the above steps for Alert teamplate "Standby server lag behind the master by WAL segments".

Hope this helps you.

Level 3 Adventurer

Perfect!

EDB Team Member

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for the update.

Glad to hear that it worked for you.