Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BART scanner

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adventurer

BART scanner

Hi All,

I am a new user and I am testing BART setup for our development servers.   I find it strange that the EDB Bart manual instructions say to run the ./bart-scanner command manually and it appears to be essential for the operation of BART.  Why is bart-scanner not set up as  linux service or something like that?  There are no further instructions about how to keep it running in the install manual.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 3 Adventurer

Re: BART scanner

Hi,

The BART WAL scanner is used by invoking the bart-scanner program.

The WAL scanner processes can run in either the foreground or background depending upon the usage of the --daemon option.

• If the --daemon option is omitted, then the WAL scanner process runs in the foreground. All output messages can be viewed from the terminal running the program as well as in the BART log file. See Section 4.1 for information on the logfile parameter in the BART configuration file.
   • If the --daemon option is specified, then the WAL scanner process runs in the background. All output messages can be viewed in the BART log file.

Please refer to the URL for more details.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Level 3 Adventurer

Hi,

The BART WAL scanner is used by invoking the bart-scanner program.

The WAL scanner processes can run in either the foreground or background depending upon the usage of the --daemon option.

• If the --daemon option is omitted, then the WAL scanner process runs in the foreground. All output messages can be viewed from the terminal running the program as well as in the BART log file. See Section 4.1 for information on the logfile parameter in the BART configuration file.
   • If the --daemon option is specified, then the WAL scanner process runs in the background. All output messages can be viewed in the BART log file.

Please refer to the URL for more details.

View solution in original post

Adventurer

Thanks for the information , Rohit,

I think the point still remaining is whether the daemon restarts automatically at server reboot or does the user have to make a point of restarting manually every time?

Level 3 Adventurer

Hi Ivor,

Currently, there is no functionality of run-level settings for bart-scanner daemon.

An end-user has to start the daemon after every event of the server reboot.

Level 3 Adventurer

Good point!

One can create an init script or a use System Manager (Systemd).

HTH