cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window 10 - Data Cluster Error

Level 3 Traveller

Window 10 - Data Cluster Error

Hi All

I have tried to install PG 11 atleast 20 times.

Followed all steps in Blogs & Posts - its not helping me.

I am using dell latitude 5490 + win 10.

Please help.

Error.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Level 2 Adventurer

Re: Window 10 - Data Cluster Error

Hi dheerajtuteja

Currently, we are looking into your issues.

Meanwhile can you please share the bitrock installer logs with us.

Level 3 Traveller

Hi

I am not a tech expert.
Can you guide me on how to pull out this file?

Thanks
EDB Team Member

Hi Dheeraj,

You can find the installation logs under the folder i.e. C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp.

Let us know in case of any query or issues.

EDB Team Member

Hi Dheeraj,

To find the temp location to findout the bitrock installler on your windows, just click on start, then search for "run" command and once you see the run command, open the run command and type %temp% under open and then click ok button it will redirect to the "Temp" location on your windows machine and you will see bitrock installler over there and share those files with us to troubleshoot further.

Hope this helps you.

Highlighted
EDB Team Member

Hi Dheeraj,

Can you check any program called "Dell SecureWorks Red Cloak" program is running in background if yes could you please disable and start fresh installation from the scratch, I think in your case it is preventing the installation. 

Hope this helps you.

EDB Team Member

Hello Dheeraj, 

Hope you are doing good. I see bitrock installer logfile, last one, 

"Executing cscript //NoLogo "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11/installer/server/initcluster.vbs" "NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService" "postgres" "****" "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11" "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11\data" 5432 "DEFAULT" 0
Script exit code: 1"

Above script is failing(exit code is 1), Could you please check below. 

1. Stop any Antivirus programs running on machine. 

2. Make sure no other postgres services are running during that time, if possible please stop(you can stop in services.msc).

3. Please uninstall if any previous installation was present on bin directory ("C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/11/bin/") *not 10 or 9.6* . Remove old used data directories. 

4. Login with your user (tutej) Start installer using Administrator user. (right click of installer and select run as administrator). Then you will be the owner of the postgres services. Make sure the given data directory is empty. Or else login as administator and run installer if you face any issues. 

5. Default port for installer is 5432. Check if any other Postgres services are using port 5432 then select other port. 

6. If you still face issue , share screenshot of error message displayed on screen.

i'll suggest you to run only this failed command(cscript //NoLogo "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11/installer/server/initcluster.vbs" "NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService" "postgres" "****" "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11" "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11\data" 5432 "DEFAULT" 0) manually in cmd prompt (with your user tutej) check results whether successful or not, if not then open cmd as run as administrator and run and check. 

Please let us know if you face any issues. 

Regards

Siva. 

Level 3 Traveller

Hi

There is no folder - AppData.
Please help 🙏 Thanks
EDB Team Member

Hello @dheerajtuteja 

Hope you are doing good. 

We have observed log files shared by you on other post. Below are findings. 

I kindly request you to please follow each step shared and let us know result of each step. 

1.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see bitrock installer logfile, last one, 

"Executing cscript //NoLogo "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11/installer/server/initcluster.vbs" "NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService" "postgres" "****" "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11" "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11\data" 5432 "DEFAULT" 0
Script exit code: 1"

Above script is failing(exit code is 1), Could you please check below. 

1. Stop any Antivirus programs running on machine. 

2. Make sure no other postgres services are running during that time, if possible please stop(you can stop in services.msc). And restart machine.

3. Please uninstall if any previous installation was present on bin directory ("C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/11/bin/") *not 10 or 9.6* . Remove old used data directories. Use uninstaller present on bin location.

4. Login with your user (tutej) Start installer using Administrator user. (right click of installer and select run as administrator). Then you will be the owner of the postgres services. Make sure the given data directory is empty. Or else login as administator and run installer if you face any issues. 

5. Default port for installer is 5432. Check if any other Postgres services are using port 5432 then select other port. 

6. If you still face issue , share screenshot of error message displayed on screen.

i'll suggest you to run only this failed command(cscript //NoLogo "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11/installer/server/initcluster.vbs" "NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService" "postgres" "****" "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11" "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11\data" 5432 "DEFAULT" 0) manually in cmd prompt (with your user tutej) check results whether successful or not, if not then open cmd as run as administrator and run and check. 

2. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Executing batch file 'rad01621.bat'...
The program "postgres" was found by "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/11/bin/initdb.exe"
but was not the same version as initdb.
Check your installation."

Error description: The version of postgres.exe and version of initdb.exe is different in installation location. i.e Before installtion, please clean the directory if anything present where you are installing postgres software(basically C:\program files\PostgreSQL\11). And check if any Environmental variables set in your machine points to old versions of postgresql.

Environment Variables in Windows: Right click on my computer --> Properties -->Advanced System settings-->Click on Environmental Variables and check PATH.

Please check below steps.

1. Whenever you uninstall, please uninstall with "uninstall-postgresql.exe" which is present on "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11" Location. and remove everything under "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11" if anything left and then try.
2. If you are trying to installing 11.2 then please try with 11.4(which is latest) and check results.
3. Please proceed with steps which i suggested, Which might help you to overcome error.
4. During installation ending, If you still see the error popup, Please run below commands on cmd and crosscheck versions. Because installation is failing due to mismatch of below files versions.
"c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11\bin\postgres.exe" --version
"c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11\bin\initdb.exe" --version

Please let us know if you face any issues still.
Regards
Siva.